Thursday, September 6, 2007

Moving On Up

I finally made the decision to move to a new area of Dallas. The posh area of Highland Park is deteriorating with the recent rash of burglaries and break-ins. These events helped make my decision to move a bit easier. Now I will be living in the sketchy Oak Lawn section of town, where hookers are easily accessible -- which I am willing to ignore due the full-size washer/dryer that comes with the new apartment. But within the next year, the area will be cleaned up with all the new construction that's happening.

My new loft

After I returned from my Road Trip, I decided to look at some new places to live. I have been doing research on one particular place for a couple of months, and I ultimately decided to rent there. I originally wanted a one-bedroom, but there wasn't any available to tour so I decided to take a look the brand new lofts. I walked in, and I loved it. I will be moving in two weeks, and I am really excited. I am going to my loft today to take a few measurements, so i will snap a few pictures while I am there. [edited: pictures of my loft via camera phone]


I like where I currently live, but it is an older place -- so old that there aren't any outlets in the bathroom. Also, having two floors becomes tiring when you have to running up and down them at least 5 times every morning before work. My new loft is very modern with stainless steel appliances and marble surfaces.

With the move, I am finally out of Charter Cable's evil clutches. I will be back in the loving arms of Time Warner.

Also, I have decide to go "green" for my electricity needs. All my power will be generated by wind energy through Reliant Energy. I am taking steps to use more renewable energy sources. My next car will be a hybrid, but that won't be until 2009.

The Greek will be back from Australia and staying with me for a week or two. I was going to use him to help me move because I had to help him move .... twice, but I decided just to hire people to move everything because it will be less time consuming and I don't have to get a U-Haul truck. It would be approx. $30 more than doing it myself. And I am lazy, so it win-win for everyone involved.

15 more day before the move.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Moving On Up"

 

Blogger Marius said ... (September 14, 2007 at 10:46:00 PM CDT) : 

I love your new place, you lucky duck! I envy you so much. :)

 

You got something to add?