Saturday, September 8, 2007

So Today Was My Birthday

I originally planned to nothing for my birthday but watch Footballers' Wives - Series 3 and tennis all day. That all changed yesterday.


I got invited to play tennis on this morning on a USTA colored court. I never played on those type of courts, and they were beautiful. The people I played with didn't know it was birthday until I told them during lunch. Once they heard, they started to plan something for me. The reason I usually don't tell people about my birthday is because I don't want to be made a fuss over. But once the wheels started churning, there was no stopping them.


I also received another invite to watch the US Open 2007 Women's Final. I thought Venus Williams would be there, but, unfortunately, she was beat by Justine Henin (BOO!). We ate, we laughed, and watched Henin win another Grand Slam title this year. It didn't make my special day any much better. Until the birthday cake time, that is.

I am now home, on my third piece of cake, watching the first episode of the third season of Footballers' Wives.

It was a good day. Thanks to all that sent me birthday wishes!

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments on "So Today Was My Birthday"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (September 9, 2007 at 2:36:00 PM CDT) : 

Sounds like a terrific day! Happy Birthday again!

 

You got something to add?