Monday, December 10, 2007

Project Runway 4 - Episode 4

This recap will be short and sweet because I wasn't feeling too inspired to write because this episode was such a bore.

With that said, let's start off on something positive:


Kevin should be required not to wear a shirt.

Something else positive:


Jack set the mood for the episode by stealing Ricky's model. You know he has been planning this coup since working with Ricky in episode 2. Ricky was not happy, but did not cry. Damn it!

The Challenge:


The designers were asked to pair up with one another and we have these four groups of three:


Christian has official become annoying. His overconfidence, his fixation on designing jackets, his camera-whoring .... looking at him try to steal camera time from Kit:


If you notice Project Runway is using him extensively to narrate this season. I am not sure whether no one else was outwardly bitchy during filmin, or they are foreshadowing that he is in the finals. In any case, I am growing tired of Christian.

Victorya, "...I didn't even know you were a bitch." (to quote Eva Pigford Marcille - ANTM Season 3).


The would have never guess Victorya was like this. She seemed like a sweet girl when she won in episode 2 with Kevin. Unless there were somethings intentionally cut out that episode in preparation for this one. Where did this shrew of a woman come from? During their sketching time she said she didn't want to be the leader, only to say the following Ricky:

"...I, in fact wanted to ask you, why did you want to be team leader?...I didn't take [team leader] because I like that fact that someone stepped up to the plate. But I excpeted that person to fulfill those responsibilities."

Which elicited a major eyeroll from Ricky:


And from me as well while I sat and watched on my couch.

Guest judge:


Donna Karen, who looks lovely, and actually gave useful critiques to the designers during judging.

Results:

Winner: Jillian, Auf'd: Chris, My Fav: Kit

I feel bad Chris. You knew he leaving after he said this:

"A lot of people have me in a pigeon-hole. There's Chris with a 10 foot wig, and a big, giant costume made out of like 200 yards of fabric. But as the group leader, I finally got a chance to show that I can design anything just as good as anyone else in the room."

He sealed his fate when he decided to be come the team leader. Have people ever this or any other reality show before, you never want to be the leader of team. The leader most always gets kicked off when losing a challenge. His choice of shoulder pads didn't help, either. Victoria Beckham rocked some shoulder pads this past June at the UK Glamour Awards where she accepted "Woman of the Year."


I think shoulder pads are coming back, if not,


Patricia Fields totally hates Kim Catrall. (sidenote: Have you seen the new Sex and the City movie trailer?)

Ricky did not increase his cry count and my surplus of tears is running low because of it. I need nourishment, Ricky.

Other than that, this episode was pretty boring. I hope things pick up next week, or else it will be a long season.


I know how you feel, Kevin. I am falling asleep as well.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Project Runway 4 - Episode 4"

 

Blogger Marius said ... (December 12, 2007 at 7:53:00 AM CST) : 

Yep, Christian is annoying and Victorya is a major bitch. I don't like Ricky either. Anyway, as you know, I love Kit and I really liked her design--it was my favorite. I'm glad you liked it, too. I didn't have time to post a response to this episode. I'll try to put something together soon.

Good recap. As usual, your screen caps rock!

 

You got something to add?