Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Heading to NYC

It has been confirmed.

I will heading to NYC for the US Open the last week in August. I wasn't sure about going but I found a cheap ticket and a friend of mine had a free hotel room that I was invited to stay in ... so I would be stupid not to go. In order to thank him, I will buy him a couple of dinners while we are in the city.

While there, I will take in a Broadway show or two and, most importantly, to see a couple of friend who live in NYC who I haven't see in ages (you know who you are).

I am excited and a bit nervous, but in two weeks I will be back in my home state after three years. My mom will not be happy that I will be 6 hours away and won't be able to go back home to Syracuse. But I will be back for Thanksgiving in November, so hopefully she won't be too upset. I think I might make a trip to Poughkeepsie, NY since it is only an hour from the city to visit my best friend since I was 12 years-old. He and his wife had a baby last year and I haven't had a chance to she the baby yet. I may wait until Thanksgiving so I can have more time to hang out with them.

So I am getting ready for my trip and looking over the TSA's list of items you can bring on the plane. Man .. they are strict!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Heading to NYC"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (August 13, 2008 at 3:06:00 PM CDT) : 

That's great - congrats. I know you'll have a great time.

 

You got something to add?