Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Brother

I was preparing my post about my big weekend at tennis tournament when I got a call from my sister telling my brother just died. I knew what the call was about before I answered the phone. Instead of saying "hello," I answered with "what happened?"

On October 3, 2008, my brother was shot in front of our mother's home (please, ignore the comments because they don't know what they are talking about)in Syracuse, NY, and has been in hospital since. I was talking to my sister on the phone last night and we were planning when we were going to back home to see him. We were told that he was improving and will be taken off the ventilator later this week. Since we were told things were improving there wasn't a need for us to come up right away ... we thought we had time ... but we didn't.

Just like the death our father two years ago, we told everything was improving only to receive a call the following day saying that they passed away.

I am not sure what I am going to do at the moment. My sister is flying up to help our mom plan for my brother's funeral either today or tomorrow, but I am not sure what I am going to do just yet. I can't make sense of things right now, but I know won't be able to handle going to his funeral.

Things are complicated and I need a couple of days to think things over.

I will post the tennis tournament blog tomorrow. It's trivial in comparison but I think it will help.

Comments on "My Brother"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 15, 2008 at 9:11:00 PM CDT) : 

I am with you...God needed your brother beside him. Now he is in a better place. My condolence for you and your family.
HM

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 15, 2008 at 9:48:00 PM CDT) : 

We're here for you, anytime. Your in our thoughts and in our prayers.
/jackie, Alex and Chris

 

Blogger Paul said ... (October 15, 2008 at 10:54:00 PM CDT) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Paul said ... (October 15, 2008 at 10:55:00 PM CDT) : 

My condolences.

 

Blogger Marius said ... (October 16, 2008 at 12:37:00 AM CDT) : 

I'm sorry for your loss and offer you my deepest condolences

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 16, 2008 at 6:56:00 PM CDT) : 

Sorry to hear about your brother. I've known him in passing since our family moved next to PH 18 years ago.

Many blessings,
Super Blu's sister

 

You got something to add?