Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Boxing Day!

Today is the day to return all the horrible presents, and get something you actually want at a discount. I have to work so I can't get in on the action.

Is it wrong that I no longer feel connected to Christmas?

I remember a time when I eagerly looked forwarded to Christmas, mostly for gifts, but now I just take it as just another day. When I tell people that I planned on doing nothing for the holidays, I am often told that I have to "something." During the holidays I look forward to spending some quality time with my couch and watch DVDs or go to the movies. I also made plans to eat tons of pancakes, which I did:


When did Aunt Jemima start making Whole Wheat pancakes? I haven't made pancakes in years, so I am clearly out of the loop. They were delicious, and healthy.

A friend of mine called to check on me because I didn't have any plans. He seemed really concerned, like I was going to slash my wrist with a Christmas ornament. I assured him that everything was fine and I was in the middle of a DVD marathon.

I am back at work with a list of things to do before the end of the week. I will have another 4-day weekend and return to work on January 2nd, 2008. This week I have more things planned. I have a tennis tournament starting on Saturday, for which I am totally unprepared due to an injury sustained at the Houston tournament. So I am kind of nervous, but hope things will go in my favor.

The end of the year is approaching and I have a lot to catch up on, blog wise. Posts that need to be completed: Road Trip 2007 journal, my meeting with Pete Sampras, 2007 television season review. Hopefully the will be completed on or before the New Year.

Happy Holidays!!

Comments on "Happy Boxing Day!"

 

You got something to add?