Thursday, January 17, 2008

2008 Goals

Another year has past, and it is time to set some goals for 2008. I only listed three things for 2007 so I think I am going to add one additional goal for 2008.

Tennis

After a very successful 2007 for my tennis game, I have moved up a level from USTA 3.0 to 3.5. During 2008, my goals isn't to win any tournament but to work on the mechanics of my game. My first serve is good, but my second serve needs to improve in order to compete with the big boys. My two-handed backhand is weak and inconsistent so I will be working extra hard to improve this. And lastly, I need to learn to play smarter. I have been trying to hit the ball hard for winners instead of waiting for the appropriate times to go for the big shots.

Health

I need to clean up my eating habits, not for a short-term result. I need to stop eating out so much and cook/eat more healthy homemade meals. I am slowly phasing out the junk food and adding more fruits and vegetables in my diet. I will also need to attend the gym on more consistently so I can put on some lean muscle, which will help burn more calories. Also, I will add Yoga into my routine so I can regain some of the flexibility I lost through the years.

Learn the Guitar

I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, so I went out an got one. Throughout the year I will be practicing with instructional books/dvds and possibly take a few proper lessons. At the end of the year, I will post a video of me playing a song. There is a lot to learn, but luckily I have a music background so playing an instrument isn't brand new to me.

Concerts

The last concert I went to was MC Hammer in Syracuse, NY. I got to change this. I missed out on seeing Bjork in Austin, TX last year so I am determined to see at least two concerts this year. Janet Jackson has tentatively announced plans to tour in the Summer, and it has been leaked that Madonna is touring during the summer as well. These are two concerts I have to see. I am pretty sure Janet will come to Dallas, but it is unlikely Madonna will come to my are so I may have to travel to see her.

So that's it. I will post my progress in 2009.

You can read my 2007 goals and the results here.

Labels:

Comments on "2008 Goals"

 

You got something to add?