Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Janet Jackson: "Feedback" Video Premiere

So the video has premiered on BET's 106 & Park, and it soon was leak on the Internet on various website. I will my site to the list.


I didn't like the video during my initial viewing because it wasn't what I expected. I heard the song and expected a video which would be nothing but choreography, but the concept is Janet is creating the universe. Interesting. I went to a Janet fan site, and there were mixed reaction to the video. There was a debate whether Americans can "get" the video because it had a European feel and doesn't have some half-naked, booty-shaking girls in it. Is this what Europeans really think of Americans?

So I watched the video a couple more times, and I think I like it.

My interpretation: Janet and the dancers are dark matter and their dancing causes the galaxy to form (the Milky Way, going by the white liquid). At the very end she is all red so I think she is either a red giant or a supernova. If she were a red gaint, it would make more season because they are one of older start which other stars are created from.

Got it?

Could it be a metaphor for her career? If there wasn't a Janet, would there have been an Aaliyah, or would there be a Ciara or Britney?

So I like the video and hope when the album is release on February 26th, there will be a high quality version of the video on DVD. There are a lot of subtleties that were lost when I watched on television compared to a digital online version.

What are you thoughts on the video?

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Janet Jackson: "Feedback" Video Premiere"

 

You got something to add?