Monday, December 31, 2007

Tennis Tournament: Dallas, TX

The tournament is now over and I can happily say that I won my division.


I was really not excepting to win because I worried about the knee injury I sustained in Houston, TX. My knee felt great, and I didn't feel any pain at all throughout the tournament.

I won my first match 6-2, 6-1 but I could have won the second set 6-0 but I decided to take some risky shots because I didn't want to bagel my opponent. My second match was a bit tougher but I managed to win 6-2, 6-3. There were a lot of deuce points but my opponent started to lose his temper and his game went to hell after that. I made it to the finals where I had to play my nemesis.

I was ranked number 1 and my nemesis was ranked number 2, and were hoping to meet in the final. He has beaten me twice, and I finally got my first win against him this past October.

The first set was very sloppy and I had 4 double faults and I lost 3 of my service games, which is very unlike me. I managed to win the set 7-5. The second set I lost the first two games, and that just put a fire in my belly. I went on to win the next six games and the set. And to celebrate:

chocolate chip cookie from Whole Foods topped with Butter Pecan frozen yogurt


I wanted to end 2007 with a win before I move up to the 3.5 division starting in January. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me but I am looking for to a great 2008. Hopefully I will be able to add some more trophies to my collection.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Tennis Tournament: Dallas, TX"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (January 1, 2008 at 12:10:00 AM CST) : 

Congratulations on your tennis victory - another one! Best of luck in the new division!

 

You got something to add?