Thursday, February 7, 2008

Project Runway 4 - Episode 8

I am back after a long absence. I am still distraught of the loss of my Kevin, that the show began not to make sense to me. Okay ... I am lying, but the hurt over the loss of Kevin will linger. I mean, instead of hot images of Kevin shirtless, we get this instead:


Do you now feel my pain? I need to get back in the swing of things so this recap will be a bit short.

The Challenge:

Create an avant-garde look inspired by you model's hairstyle

The models, once again, get screwed over because they were not in the last challenge and now two have go home. It is hard to compete when, you know, not part of the challenges. No more challenges without the models, please.

The challenge would require the designers to work in pairs. Rami/Sweet P, Victorya/Jillian, Kit/Ricky and Christian/Chris were random selected to work together. This the third team challenge in eight episodes. Please Bravo, no more team challenges. You only have them for the drama aspect of the show and they serve no real purpose.

The show is really struggling with the lose of Kevin:


If they can bring back Chris after being eliminated, why not Kevin? We just got to give someone a MRSA and we are golden. Who's with me?

When the designers got comfortable, Tim Gunn decided to drop a bomb:


No one was happy about this:


Christian was ready to cut a bitch:



And Jillian has no coping skills what so ever:

Trying to wake from the bad dream that is Project Runway

The Results:

Winners: Christian/Chris, Auf'd: Kit, My Fav: Sweet P


Does anyone hate Rami a little bit more after this episode? He didn't listen to Sweet P suggestions regarding his design, and when he was called out by Tim Gunn he basically blamed her for his bad design. His design was not avant-garde at all. Remember when the trend of wearing a dress over a pair of jeans was popular? That is what his design reminded me of.

I had high hopes for the coat that Jillian and Victorya but seeing the finished product, I was a bit underwhelmed (trademark Michael Kors). If the garments underneath were in a darker color I think I would have like the design a bit more.

And it is now time to give out the award for Best Over-Dramatic Reaction to Malfunctioning Machinery. And the award goes to:


Jillian. This is her 12th nomination and 11th win in the category.

Seriously, Jillian -- learn to cope a bit better.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Project Runway 4 - Episode 8"

 

You got something to add?