Thursday, August 21, 2008

America's Next Vice President (ANVP)

It has been reported that Barack Obama will select his Vice-Presidential running mate this Saturday. The question is: who will he choose?

This could be a great reality show starring Barack Obama. Like Tyra, host of America' Next Top Model (ANTM), instead of handing out photos to the girls who make to the next round, Obama can hand out keys to White House. The person who doesn't get a key can be dismissed with this:

"It's time for change. I am sorry but you have been eliminated as my VP nominee. Please leave your key in the Oval office on your way out."

Can't you see it? You know Hillary would be the one screamed at by Obama, like Tyra did to Tiffany.

For me, he must choose Hilary Clinton has his running mate in order to be president. Choosing anyone else would make me nervous that the Democrats will not win this November. There are roughly 13% of undecided voters and the roughly half of those people are Hilary supporters. Why risk throwing away these potential votes? I don't think Hillary is out on the campaign trail for Obama if there wasn't a VP quid pro quo agreement. They are the two strongest Democrats running and it would be unwise for them not to run together.

John Edwards at one was being consider, but after he admitted and extramarital affair (and possibly fathered a child) he is no longer being considered. Bill Richardson (D-NM) could be considered, and would be interesting to see two non-white males on the same ticket, but it could make them less popular in the "red" states.

We'll see what happens on Saturday.

edited: He has chosen Joe Biden.


He is experienced but the maybe a bit out of touch with the computer geeks ... like myself. I am a bit concerned with this ticket. I just hope he doesn't have any skeletons in his closet.

Labels:

Comments on "America's Next Vice President (ANVP)"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (August 21, 2008 at 6:58:00 PM CDT) : 

It's new to get a political comment - and interesting. I'm definitely intrigued as well.

 

Blogger Killervirgo said ... (August 21, 2008 at 7:10:00 PM CDT) : 

This is the first political post I have done. I talked about John McCain's turkey neck before. But you see how I had to work a ANTM/Trya reference in there. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had the strength to make it through the post.

 

You got something to add?