Thursday, September 20, 2007

Nightmare: The Head-less Body of Novak Djokovic

Last night, I'd experienced one of the worst nightmares in recent memory.

The beginning started off pretty harmless. Mariska Hargitay was a teacher at a school who was having an affair with student. This is harmless in comparison to the rest of the dream. At the end of the day, she and the boy went back to her place where they had dinner in front of a fireplace

And this is where it started to get weird.

Mariska began tending to the fire with an iron rod. Embers were popping out of the fireplace and then, all of a sudden, she picked up a glowing red-hot wood log with her bare hands and began stroking it. I can't remember what was said but it was done in a "evil" manner.

Then, BAM!

She turns in Linda Hamilton circa Terminator 2, and she is on top of a platform above a pot of molten steel. She jumps from the platform to a line and is now dangling the above the molten steel before falling in. A molten steel version of Linda appears in front of the fireplace, and this was said to the boy:

"If you see this, then the poison is working."

Mariska is now watching the boy, who is now Novak Djokovic, vomit while having seizures before he eventually dies. Apparently Novak (and I) was seeing the hallucinogenic side-effects of the poison.

Cut to the now head-less Novak in a body bag, which is oddly in laying on a bed. I am now in the dream and I am getting dressed with the dead body right next me. I put on a pair of size 36-waist shorts that I made from a pair of warm-up pants belonging to the deceased. I head downstairs to the kitchen, and I realize I am in the townhouse I grew up in between 1986 and 1990.

While in the kitchen, I started to hear these noises from upstairs. It was Novak's head-less body coming back to life, which I saw in a quick flash. I hear the body coming down the stairs while I feverishly trying to put on a pair of shoes to leave the house. I was shirtless but it was too late to find a shirt to put on. I fumbled with the lock on the door, unable to open it, and I see the shadow of the head-less body. There was a close up of my terrified face ...

... then I wake up. My heart racing and it took me a couple of minutes to calm down before I was able to get back to sleep. Which led to another disturbing dream, but was totally boring compared to this one.

I thinking my nightmare was caused by eating WAY too much ice cream, reading a blog post about Novak Djovokic, reading this article about a man coming back to life during an autopsy, and lusting after Mariska Hargitay's husband Peter Hermann all before bedtime.

I often wonder what I look like when I sleep because my dreams are so vivid that my body reacts. A couple of nights ago, I had a tennis dream and felt my right arm move while dreaming of one-handed backhands.

How vivid are your dreams?

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments on "Nightmare: The Head-less Body of Novak Djokovic"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 20, 2007 at 8:48:00 PM CDT) : 

I fell asleep while watching Halloween and ended up being chased all night thru a parking lot by Michael Myers. I dont think I got any rest that night while I was sleeping because the dream was so vivid..I woke up with my heart pounding and out of breath like I had really been running!

 

Blogger Paul said ... (September 20, 2007 at 9:38:00 PM CDT) : 

I haven't had a dream like that in years ... maybe I'm just too boring, or my imagination isn't good enough. In Africa, on Larium for malaria - all my dreams, even the boring ones, were really vivid.

 

You got something to add?